If you want to feel your blood pumping through your veins, your skin breathing properly and you definitely want to build beautifully shaped muscles, then you should start looking for the best pull-up bar for home use.
There is a variety of pull-up bars that you can choose from when looking for such equipment. You can go for a simple bar or you can look for attachments and accessories that help you train, too. It all depends on your training needs.
What to look for in the best pull-up bar?
Pull-up bars for home use are generally easy to install, but you should know that there are various models to choose from. First of all, the pull-up bar should have the correct size, depending on the door’s size. Here are the three main pull-up bar types:
- Door frame leverage bars
- Telescopic door frame bars
- Free standing pull-up bars
While the first type goes over the top of the doorframe and the assemble takes about 15 minutes, the second type extends between the uprights of the door. Some models come with cups that help the bar stay in its place, but most of the times users can get in place simply using pure friction.
The third type is an independent piece of equipment that must be assembled after the purchase, but doesn’t need to be attached to a doorframe. The main advantage of this equipment is that it is multifunctional and can be used both for pull-ups and for dips.
Except for the pull-up bar type that you want to start using, there are some other aspects that you should consider before buying one for home use. For example, the weight limit is quite important. If you want it to support your body weight properly, then you should check out its specs.
Most of the times, telescopic pull-up or chin-up bars can support up to 250 Ibs, while over the top bars can support about 300 Ibs. Depending on your weight, you should go for the equipment that suits your needs best.
Is the pull-up bar suitable for your home?
Although these situations are rare, there are cases in which installing a pull-up bar in your home is useless, due to lack of space or a space configuration that doesn’t allow you to train.
You are wondering why? In most cases, the doorways are too wide or there is not enough space around the edges of the door. A low ceiling could also represent an issue for those who are thinking about installing pull-up bars in their basements, for example.
Therefore, before starting to look for equipment, take a look at the space and doorframes, measure them and try to simulate the exercises. It’s really easy to tell whether there is enough space for you to train properly or not.
How to find the best pull-up bar for your needs?
If you are not sure where to look for reliable information, here are some tips that might help you out.
- Look for honest customer reviews. Verified purchases are the most trustworthy, so you might want to look for that flag.
- Video reviews are extremely useful, as you can see with your own eyes whether a certain method is suitable for your needs or not.
- Check out the specifications sheet before buying the product. There are plenty of online resources where you can find the full specs.
- Ask experienced trainers at your local gym. They surely know a lot about these things.
- Check out the negative reviews, too. Of course, if a product has plenty of them, it doesn’t mean that it’s a low quality product. People tend to give negative reviews when they are dissatisfied from plenty of other reasons, such as the shipping time, customer service or insufficient research.
Take into consideration at least some of the features below when buying a pull-up bar:
- It should be easy to install in various places of your home
- It should be extendable and should reach up to 20 inches
- It should have ergonomic design
- It should have padded grips
- It should be made of durable, powerful materials
- It should have adjustable grips.
Depending on your budget and needs, you can find plenty of models that are suitable for your needs. Having a pull-up bar in the comfort of your own home doesn’t compare to having to go to the gym every day.
This way, there is no way you will skip training, unless you are too lazy to get up and start exercising.
After finding the best pull-up bar for home use, you will be able to start creating a daily or weekly routine that will help you build nicely shaped biceps, triceps, shoulders, back muscles, chest muscles and more. Your forearms will benefit a lot from this type of exercise, too.
What’s even more important is that you can use the pull-up bar to train your abs and legs, too. There are countless exercises that you can perform on a pull-up bar, such as knee raises, leg raises and many more.
Are you looking for a way to train your muscles but you also want to include cardio workouts in your routine? That’s even better!
After reaching at least an intermediate level, you can start doing interval trainings and let yourself be challenged by new training types every day. Also, you can start doing as many repetitions as you can in a short amount of time. This will turn you into the healthy, active and balanced person that you always wanted to become. You will be able to train properly using nothing more than a pull-up bar for home use.